Prohibition Partners LIVE, the premium virtual conference for the global cannabis industry, is returning for its third edition with a distinguished line-up of political, business and cultural leaders who will speak on the industry’s most pressing issues, from legislation change to social equity commitment, as well as profile mainstream opportunities in areas such as wellness and blockchain.
Starting today and continuing until May 20, the first LIVE event of this year comes amid rapid growth and groundbreaking changes in the cannabis industry across all regions of the globe. Adult-use sales are reaching record highs in North America, patient numbers are climbing rapidly in Europe and medicinal cannabis production is ramping up quickly across Oceania.
Powered by Prohibition Partners, the trusted source of data, intelligence and strategy for cannabis transformation, Prohibition Partners LIVE has previously hosted over 70 panels, debates and talks from a strong mix of over 300 speakers – including industry leaders such as Kim Rivers, CEO of Trulieve Cannabis Corp, ‘Father of the Cannabis Industry’ Steve DeAngelo and renowned cultural icons such as Kelis and Carlos Santana.
The upcoming three-day virtual event will bring together more than 60 industry-leading speakers from across the globe for disruptive debates and global networking to unlock the potential of the cannabis industry. In an agenda that will explore the trends that are driving forward cannabis transformation, global thought leaders share information, exchange ideas and look to push forward regulatory change, including:
- Curaleaf Executive Chairman and Founder Boris Jordan will join Financial Times reporter Patricia Nilsson for a frank fireside discussion on the North American cannabis pioneer’s venture into the Old Continent.
- Professor David Nutt, Director of Neuropsychopharmacology, Imperial College London, will hold a much-needed debate on current developments in the UK cannabis industry with Dr Daniel Poulter, Conservative MP and Tonia Antoniazzi, Labour MP.
- Jessamyn Stanley, CEO of JOS Inc and yoga influencer, will join Dr Amanda Reiman, VP of Community Development at Flow Cannabis Company and Elana Goldberg, CEO of The Cannigma to discuss the slice that cannabis can take from the growing wellness industry pie.
- Al Harrington, Former NBA Player & Non-Executive Director, MedMen, will be joined by political and business leaders including Niamh Eastwood, Executive Director of Release, and Cyrus Engerer, Member of the European Parliament for Malta, to discuss the future for social equity and social justice in the cannabis sector across Europe
- Steven Hawkins, Former President at Amnesty International and current CEO of the US Cannabis Council and Executive Director of the Marijuana Policy Project will discuss industry financing opportunities with Jeremy Berke, Senior Reporter for Business Insider
- Tjalling Erkelens, CEO and Chairman of Bedrocan, Alfredo Pascual, Vice President of Investment Analysis, Fast Forward Innovation, and Alex Agius Saliba MEP will explore new opportunities for cannabis transformation across Europe;
According to Stephen Murphy, Prohibition Partners Co-Founder, “The liberalisation of cannabis is accelerating. The door is wide open for new opportunities in the global medical and adult-use cannabis industry and beyond as we see cannabis rapidly penetrating new mainstream markets, placing it increasingly in the spotlight for both investors and governments. Prohibition Partners LIVE has established itself as the flagship virtual event for the cannabis industry, having seen over 2,000 delegates attend since its launch last year, with some of the industry’s leading voices driving necessary conversations and showcasing the potential of cannabis transformation. We are delighted to bring this incredible, international community together once again as the industry’s trusted leader in cannabis industry data intelligence and events.”
VIP attendees will also have access to exclusive content and invite-only VIP roundtables and discussion rooms, as well as a personal introduction service to key contacts, taking advantage of Prohibition Partners LIVE’s large and diverse audience base. VIP delegates from around the world working in sectors ranging from pharmaceutical and healthcare to agriculture and production, and even finance and investment, will have the opportunity to virtually mingle and make meaningful connections in real time, and for an extended period following the event.
For more information and to register for tickets for the event, please visit Prohibition Partners LIVE.